hatstuck snarl

theoretically, a hairstyling salon

20030826

My sister had her stomach pumped, and though it wasn't intentional on my part, I was at least partly responsible.

I was probably about 4.5 years old, and one morning after a nightly rain I stepped out on our back stoop to witness a yard covered with mushrooms. So I methodically picked them and placed them on the stoop.

While I was thus engaged, my 1.5 year old sister toddled out and ate them. I have no idea how many she ate, but about this time my mom came out to check up on us and went into a frenzied panic. She said something to me, grabbed my sister and ran across the backyard directly toward the hospital.

I guess it was close. I still remember most of this, though I won't vouch for accuracy.

Anyway, they came home after awhile and my mom told me my sister had her stomach pumped.

Other than that, nothing happened to her, though she still can't stand mushrooms of any kind.

I didn't feel very good about any of this, and I imagine that might have something to do with why I remember it all so vividly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home