hatstuck snarl

theoretically, a hairstyling salon

20030701

this strange public notebook as is perhaps
a simple listing
pretending at times to believe in that which it don’t
or changing the mind (a curious expression) mine
the mind of course a notorious problem
for which John Searle (I’d make a link but none of the search engines seems to be functioning) proposes there might exist a solution with
proper study and I’m reading around
in lots of blogs and having certain reactions responding
that’s how this happened a couple of weeks ago
as a quick response into which I’ve been more and more drawn
such that this acts then as an extension of what I have already
been doing

pieces which may or may not coalesce into an already expanding sequence
is it replicating


zero the hole, one
who is nobody but
myself, skin the eye of a
predator and wings I

might imagine Ben Had
don’t git no nuttin wit
tinkin does taughts godlis
notherwise nd cloodin does

craks bond sed kashed prosper
today not in that struggle
toward expression nor
representation nor in

reflection of nor in the
making of something of value
although useless or else
otherwise lacking all

utilitarian purpose

we wears his Nikes
explosives strapped to the kidneys
cords cliff side
carve
tension

tour stout cubic neck
squeeze
precipitate
species

puny the rat and whammo
the man slaps
at the air
twirling a shoe




that extension’s not it, rather
I keep returning to the mind and mind-related concepts, the subtle
differences, stutters in intelligence, for instance, how much we
humans

tend to overrate our own and underrate that of animals,
acting surprised when a dog does something “smart”
any number of examples might occur

and yesterday when I read Bill Marsh’s numbered list at SPDG (it precedes by 2 posts his most intriguing thoughts on Nick Piombino’s unfolding and fascinating blog

me kind of nodding along, yep, yep, etc, and always overwhelmed
in many ways by velocity, and in this case in

(phone rings)

what was I saying?

oh, something to do with the velocity of blogs which deal in various ways with poetics, and how as Bill Marsh points out a dynamic of responses, purposeful exponential and otherwise

kind of ricochets

(TV bullet sounds bouncing off rocks, a high pitched hum)

topical and otherwise

well, I think, what is going on here and how do I fit into this thing?

tableau: two car collision glimpsed in passing, the car positions seeming impossibly strange, the drivers okay and even waving

maybe this is some kind of movie, since even now I have no idea as to what might happen next, heheh,

quite intrigued by social/political construction

the president portrays himself as clairvoyant
the role, the Defense Secretary’s evasions as “found” poems
wherein anyway
something stinks

and there’re the invisible lines
checkpoints as weak links and the current human construct having much
in common with a multi-vehicle pileup

or rocket attacks

drawn and artificial borders which encourage dispute

and then this from Ronald Johnson’s Ark (center justified),
“BEAM 25, A Bicentennial Hymn," step by step drawings of mitosis, beginning with one cell and ending with two, plus a bunch of words which lead to—

:the mind become its own subject matter:

and I then ponder how this statement differs if
the word “matter” were dropped and what as usual is meant by “mind”

I don’t mind
I’ve heard myself say

or

mind over matter

and I find all this endlessly curious

and if anybody has read this far I thank you very much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home