hatstuck snarl

theoretically, a hairstyling salon

20030806

I was driving the car, my son in the passenger seat, and we pulled up to a red light at a five-way intersection. We were sitting there talking about the traffic and pedestrians, as we always do at that particular intersection, calmly awaiting our turn, when a green triangular beetle flew in the passenger window and landed on my knee. I gently picked it off and tossed it out my driver side window. It torpedoed along for about five feet and then suddenly popped out the wings from under its hatch and began to fly. We watched it circle wide around the front of the car and head once again toward the passenger window only to veer off at the last minute. We even briefly discussed whether it was coming back in or not. When I looked up at the traffic light it was turning red again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home