hatstuck snarl

theoretically, a hairstyling salon

20030710

okay okay I am dragging myself on hands and knees into the office thirsty after 13 hours of work to post something today on the blog - this is not my office but that of my employer for whom I drove a truck today to Atlanta loaded it and just returned - but I feel a real urge to put something up for the day and that before I complete my paperwork -

so what do you have to say for yerself, kirbach?

not much, you?

how about if I reveal the contents of my purse? okay, that'll have to do for now because I don't want to be here all night as I have to be back in the AM anyway and I wouldn't mind going home -

but how can I resist it -

blogging from the office -

my purse is what I call this little black thing, as that is exactly what it looks like - I've carried it around for years the main zipper is permanently sprung, but no matter - the contents are what I'm afta - and I best get to it, as it's stuffed -

1] Such Rich Hour, by Cole Swenson

2] Gone, by Fannie Howe

3] The Poetics of the Common Knowledge, by Don Byrd

4] Some other Kind of Mission, by Lisa Jarnot

5] Overtime: Selected Poems, by Philip Whalen, edited by Michael Rothenberg, intro by Leslie Scalapino

6] New Time, by Leslie Scalapino

7] The Front Matter, Dead Souls, by Leslie Scalapino

8] one of those black & white marbled Mead composition notebooks, 100 sheets 200 pages 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 etc. almost full of writing

9] a black sketch notebook with blank pages almost filled with writing slightly smaller than the above listed Mead

10] a three inch long wooden comb

11] knife sharpener

12] 2 mechanical pencils

13] pink pen

14] orange pen

15] red pen

16] burnt sienna pigma brush

17] 5 quarters

18] 1 dime

19] 1 nickel

20] 4 pennies

21] another wooden comb with both ends broken off slightly shorter than the above listed WC which remains intact

22] a plastic garbage bag

Despite having all these books (plus more down in my car in a tomato box) today I read some of John Searle's essay, "The Future of Philosophy." I have this printed out half sized down to two pages per page (quite tiny) and it is starting to show signs of abuse as I carried it around while loading my truck.

I think he articulates quite well the idea of a "basil or background, conscious field...a unified field which is modified in specific ways by the various stimuli" which we all receive constantly. Understanding this (for me) is quite critical to understanding where people are coming from when they use vague terminology such as "mind."

and has everything to do with (according to me) where poetry originates

that being before the words get attached

though not limited to that of course

but I am wiped out and cannot go into it now - but here you have it - straight from THE OFFICE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home