hatstuck snarl

theoretically, a hairstyling salon

20030730

I had a dream last night in which I had an opportunity to revise my behavior which occurred a previous dream.

I was aware of the previous dream in the present dream (which obviously is no longer present in this recollection), and as such I was really glad to act more heroically the second time around.

Anyway, I saw the roof of one of those big old three-story type city houses in flames and ran over, busted in, and warned everybody very loud and assertively. In the second version I was quite ashamed of my more timid approach in the first dream in which I tried to politely warn the inhabitants that their house was afire. The occupants in the second dream were (weirdly) business men dressed in suits with ties as if in an office, and they didn't take kindly to being bossed around, but I refused to take any guff, especially from one guy who was more resistant than the rest, and whom I actually shoved toward the door, even as I told him I didn’t care if he died, but that if he didn’t yet want to do so, he’d better get out now. During the entire sequence of events, I constantly compared myself to myself in the previous dream thinking that in the last dream I just didn’t get it right.

When I woke up, however, I had no memory of the previous dream except as through the lens of the most recent dream, and then I thought the entire dream was kind of silly, me running around acting the hero and very thrilled with the chance while somebody’s house went up in flames, but oh well, that’s how it happened.

And I also thought, great, now I have something to post on my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home